Access to Resources is Key
The most reliable predictors of family instability and child welfare involvement are income loss, cumulative material hardship, and housing hardship (Weiner, Anderson, & Thomas, 2021). Material supports and concrete services may reduce the incidence of child abuse and neglect and the need for foster care.
Connect to Services
Family Help West Texas is an innovative resource to connect families to free and reduced-cost services in West Texas. This web-based tool — located familyhelpwtx.org — features programs that serve West Texas communities, including food, housing, transportation, health, education, and work.
Searching for programs on Family Help West Texas is an important first step for families seeking help. But connecting with a program is only the beginning of the process. The platform also allows non-profits to claim their programs to manage the information that’s listed, send and receive referrals from people and other programs, and get access to intake tools, all for free.
To search free and reduced-cost programs serving West Texas:
- Go to familyhelpwtx.org
- Enter your ZIP code, then click “Search”
- Enter a keyword in the search box or browse the toolbar of available services
- View program profiles, including available services, phone number, address, and hours
- Click to contact the program directly
For Family Serving Programs
To get access to your program profile, tools, and analytics:
- Go to familyhelpwtx.org/claims
- Enter the name of your program or organization, then click “Search”
- Select the program you’d like to claim and click the “Claim” button
- Create an account by entering your name, work email, and password
If you need help with your profile or finding local services please do not hesitate to reach out to Matt. He will get you squared away. Email him at firstname.lastname@example.org or give him a call at 432-279-0278.